Injectables & Fillers
Injectable fillers, also known as dermal fillers or soft tissue fillers, are materials injected under the skin to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles, lines, folds and indented scars. Injectable fillers can also be used to enhance facial contours by adding volume to lips or cheeks.
On the day of the Procedure please advise our doctors and nurses if you are taking blood thinning medications (such as aspirin or warfarin or fish oil etc), regardless of whether you are expecting to have treatment or just a consultation.
We recommend that 7 days prior to treatment to avoid chemical peels and needling.
You should plane for 1-2 days to heal.
Immediately after having treatment maximise facial activity for half an hour (such as frowning, raising your eyebrows and squinting).
Avoid lying down horizontal for 4 hours.
Do not have facial treatments, rub or massage the treated area
Avoid exercise for 24 hours.
You may gently cleanse the area with cotton wool.
Take paracetamol as needed.
Risks and Possible Complications
Soft tissue augmentation using injectable fillers a highly individualised procedure and may not be suitable for everyone.
Always talk to your doctor before making a decision. Your doctor will assess your condition and general health, and plan the treatment that is best suited to you.
Before you decide on soft tissue augmentation with the use of injectable fillers, there are some important issues to keep in mind:
- Injectable fillers cannot halt the ageing process or the effects of ageing
- Deep wrinkles may appear less obvious after injectable fillers are applied, but they may not disappear. Sometimes, improvements are minimal or unnoticeable
- Non-surgical rejuvenation treatments such as injectable fillers may not be able to achieve the same results as surgical treatments. However, it may help delay the time at which surgical treatments, such as a facelift, become appropriate
Injectable fillers may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations of what skin rejuvenation can accomplish